Future Game

Started by
2 comments, last by Julian90 17 years, 6 months ago
Hey everyone, and i mean EVERYONE!!! If your reading this text right now you have to make a contribution to this thread. Well... Me and my mate have decided to build a game over the summer. We have come up with (what we think is) a really funny idea for our game and would like the community to contribute ideas and help us along the way. Anyway, here is our idea: It will be set in the future sometime, maybe year 3000ish. Technology has evolved so much that the scientists have finally found our to interface electronic circuitry to biological cells - in lamens terms, everyone has bio-mechanical enchancements in their bodies. Whether it be circuit boards to increase blood flow, or artificial muscles to make them run faster, everyone is now at least partially computerised. However, a "bird-flu" like pandemic has broken out! Viruses are taken over the world, except instead of biological viruses like the birdflu, some nasty person has created a computerised virus that latches on to "people's" circuitry and corrupts their hardware. We have to stop this! So there is gonna be some sort of hero that has to save the world pretty much. Our hero will of course have weapons to fight these viruses. Pretty much, he will find upgrades for his components to make him stronger and more lethal towards these viruses. Such items will be: Graphics cards - increased vision Sound cards - increased hearing CPU upgrade - Make him run/shoot faster Harddrive upgrade - able to hold more modifications at once RAM upgrade - ??????????? Debugger packages - increases health Antivirus software - increase armour etc We are not quite sure what his weapons will be yet. We were thinking of keyboards and mice (mouses, mouse, wateva) but weren't really sure how this was gonna to help kill a virus. Of course their will be other enemies too to battle off, such as: Trojan horses Worms Syntax errors Seg faults etc We are going to make it just a 2D game to start off with because we have no experience in game design (probably make a tetris game or something first). Of course there will be "bosses" to fight at each stage, which will be the authors of the malicious software. These are going to be lecturers from our university (personal joke...). Any comments/suggestions/ideas welcome. Just contribute something and we will be happy! Thanx
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by DjMaSh
RAM upgrade - ???????????

You could only allow them to have a certain amount of ups and RAM upgrade raises that amount. Other than that great 2D sidescroller game.
slymrHopefully game is in progress.
I don't think you're aware of how big viruses are.
Quote:If your reading this text right now you have to make a contribution to this thread.

hmmmm ummmm hmmmm hang on ill think of something...

how about instead of mouse and keyboard he uses the special implant in his brain to challange the viruses to a game of tetris? if he wins the virus is destroyed. if not he takes damage.

any how...

good luck

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement