Sign in to follow this  
servo

VC++ 6 with DirectX 8

i'm newbie with this case. first i install VC++ 6 introductory edition then directx 8 sdk. how can i connect this vc++ with direct 8 sdk? my purpose is in order to be capable to complete word about direct 8 sdk. ex: when i write LPDIR then "ctrl+space" and it shows me LPDIRECTDEVICE3D8 i tried to change the queries in library and header but it's stuck me. when i write LPDIR, it always shows me LPDIRECTDEVICE3D (i think it is a library of the older version of directx in vc++6) How can i handle this? thanx for your answer

I think the VC6 intellisense would only show items that were in your project. If you add all the D3D headers to your project file, and possibly rebuild, you may have better luck.

Do you really need VC6 and DX8? VC++2005 Express edition is a free download, as is DirectX9.0c, and the Windows Platform SDK. While I haven't used the express edition, it can't be worse than VC6. Or, perhaps you could grab a copy of the XNA Game Studio Express beta instead.

This really doesn't answer your question unfortunately, but get VC2005. VC6 is totally rubbish by comparison, and this sort of problem doesn't surprise me at all.
VC6 is almost a decade old now anyway, and there's a lot of stuff you can't do with it.

Link to VC2005