d3dx9 and dev-c++, NO GO???

Started by
2 comments, last by DjMaSh 17 years, 6 months ago
HI. I am using dev-C++ IDE I have been killing myself trying to get this stupid program working. I have included the relevant header files, d3d9.h and d3dx9.h. When I compile it comes up with three linking errors, namely: [Linker error] undefined reference to `Direct3DCreate9@4' [Linker error] undefined reference to `D3DXMatrixLookAtLH@16' [Linker error] undefined reference to `D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH@20' I then goto project options->parameters and type "-ld3d9" into the linker input bit. The first error goes away: [Linker error] undefined reference to `D3DXMatrixLookAtLH@16' [Linker error] undefined reference to `D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH@20' I then type "-ld3dx9" in the linker bit again but still get the same two errors. WHY!!! d3d9.lib d3dx9.lib and are in the same directory, so if it can d3d9.lib, why can it not find d3dx9???? I have every resource on the internet and do not know why, they all say to do what I have done but it is not working! Is d3dx9 not compatible with dev-C++ or something? PLEASE HELP!!!
Advertisement
Dev-CPP's compiler dosen't really do very well with .lib's. You need the .a's really for Dev-CPP.

Here is a post that talks about configuring DirectX with Dev-CPP. It works. I have tried it before.

Configure DirectX with Dev-CPP

I hope that helps!

Chad
I still use dev-cpp when writing DX apps, as chad said dev-cpp uses .a files and not .lib so install the DX9 dev-pak from here and youll be ready to go.
Thanx guys. Yeah, I read something about making .a files from the .lib's, but I didn't quite understand it so i just disregarded it and carried on trying to with the lib's.

I guess this is the way then, Thanx.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement