Sign in to follow this  

[web] shouldn't these calls work

This topic is 4073 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Alright I'm getting very frustrated with actionscript. Mostly due to the lack of good debugging. Anyway, I now have two function calls that are cutting short my development. From all I've read, I think they should work, and cannot understand why they don't have the desired effect. The first is for a dynamic drop shadow. I understand that referencing the filter directly (_mc.filters[0]) results in a copy of the filter, and yet...
//incrementNum increases for each element
var DS:DropShadowFilter = my_mc["obj" + incrementNum].filters[0];
DS.distance = 2.0*incrementNum;
my_mc["obj" + incrementNum].filters = [DS];		
when called (within a loop in a function that I call when the mouse moves) does nothing to the distance of the drop shadow! It seems like it should. The second call is to set a mask. I create (in code) a viewport_mc with two movie clips attached (with attachMovie), an image and a green rectangle (in that order). In code, I call
viewport_mc["image_mc"].setMask("greenrect_mc")
and all that happens is the greenrect_mc is on top of the image_mc from when it was attached...no masking occurs. both of these seem like they should work as expected... yet they don't?! WTF?

This topic is 4073 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.