• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
news2hear

OpenGL Good Linux IDE for OpenGL?

This topic is 4314 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
One does not usually have an IDE for a library, one usually only has an IDE for a language. So, what language are you using?

If you're using C++ and with OpenGL in mind... I'd highly recommend Code::Blocks. It works very well as an IDE, and it just so happens to come loaded with lots of OpenGL/GLFW/Ogre project wizards to get you started.

Click -> Code::Blocks

Quote:
Original post by Schmedly
If you're using C++ and with OpenGL in mind... I'd highly recommend Code::Blocks. It works very well as an IDE, and it just so happens to come loaded with lots of OpenGL/GLFW/Ogre project wizards to get you started.

Thanks Schemdly. This exactly what I'm looking for. And yes, I plan to do my work using C++.
Can you help me find a direct link to the CodeBlock binary? I can't seem to find a version that meet my specification: Ubuntu 6.06 LTS - the Dapper Drake.

Thanks again =)

Quote:
Original post by news2hear
Thanks Schemdly. This exactly what I'm looking for. And yes, I plan to do my work using C++.
Can you help me find a direct link to the CodeBlock binary? I can't seem to find a version that meet my specification: Ubuntu 6.06 LTS - the Dapper Drake.

Thanks again =)

The nightly builds have distro specific packages. Matter of fact I use it on Ubuntu 6.06 also.

Click -> Nightly Build Forum

Quote:

The nightly builds have distro specific packages. Matter of fact I use it on Ubuntu 6.06 also.

Click -> Nightly Build Forum

This might be a silly question, but how do I run the program? It's already installed and I don't see it under Applications > Programming

[Edited by - news2hear on October 22, 2006 1:00:58 AM]

Quote:

I made a default SDL project with Code::Blocks yesterday to see if it's any good. It looks nice. The only down side is that the editor is slow. The CPU usage goes up to 100% when I move the caret and it jumps 2 lines due to this.
Kdevelop doesn't have this problem but I have to admit I have limited experience with this one to since I wasn't able to do what I wanted.
I have used gcc to compile stuff myself for now.

Quote:
This might be a silly question, but how do I run the program? It's already installed and I don't see it under Applications > Programming

search for the file + type ./codeblocks(whatever) in its directory, if its what u wanna use often setup a link on your desktop or application->programming menu

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!