Sign in to follow this  
SpacedOut

How can I run a win32 project I created in VS 2005 to non .NET computers

When a computer that didn't have .NET tried to run it it said the application was not configured correctly. It's a win32 console project not a .NET project. Can anyone help please?

Applications produced in Visual C++ 2005 need the VC8 redistribution libraries in order to work on other machines. There's some fairly complicated stuff about manifests, merge modules, and WinSXS that frankly I haven't bothered to figure out entirely yet. [smile] The simplest way to get your program to work is to go to the \VC\redist\x86 directory in your Visual Studio installation, and copy the Microsoft.VC80.CRT folder into the same folder you put your application's executable. Just include this in any distribution packages you make, and it should work fine.

there are run time libraries programs created with visual studio 2005 need in order to run on other computers - it's still possible to redistribute non .NET projects - you need to do the following ->

in your project, press alt+f7
Drop down configuration properties ->
Drop down c/c++ ->
click on code generation, and select the proper "runtime library" for your build mode ->

/MT for release
/MTd for debug