Sign in to follow this  
crowleyhammer

help with a program

ok im using Dev-C++ and ive just created a guess the number game,i now need to find a way to allow the player to pick a number and the computer to guess it, if someone could post the code w/o telling me why it works that would be more helpfull because working it out will be more educational for me,thanks for your time.

Hi there!

A solution to your problem would be to inverse it. You already know how to generate random numbers, and therefore you can use it to make the computer generate a random number and then check to see if the generated number is equal to the number the user has set. Try it.

Hope this helps!

i was thinking that,but i thought it will generate numbers too high,but of course you can set the largest number it can generate a random number from.
thanks for your help.

Yes, but remember that the computer already "knows" the answer(the user input the number to the computer), your job as a programmer is to hide that. So if the user inputs 78. Then make the computer generate numbers between 1-100. If the user inputs 999, make the computer generate numbers between 900-1000 etc.

Good luck!

well so far i have the computer guessing my number and and me being able to tell it if its right or not,all i need to do is track its guesses and also tell it whether to be higher or lower,the tracking should not be a problem,but how do i go about telling it higher or lower?

ok i need help working out how to tell the computer its too high or too low,

thanks in advance

#include <cstdlib>
#include <ctime>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
int number;
int tries = 0, guess;

cout << "\tWelcom to Guess My Number VS the computer!\n\n";
cout << "Please select a number ";
cin >> number;