Loads and loads of idea's

Started by
35 comments, last by erissian 17 years, 5 months ago
I have loads of idea's, mostly fantasy-medieval themed, but also others. This topic is not like that I want to make a game and that I need people to make it. I made this topic because I love working out idea's and making game concepts, so I can help the people who are skilled enough to make a game, but without idea's. Of course I don't want full credit for the game(s), because idea's is just a small piece of the fine art of videogame developing. Email: ivocoumans@hotmail.com MSN: ivocoumans@hotmail.com Or post/pm here. I'll soon post a sample concept, expected 25 october 2006. [Edited by - Iv00w on October 23, 2006 8:54:44 AM]
"So I designed this great forum in PDF..." -Xavier
Advertisement
You've got the idea, and all you need are developers and artists? That's a bit saying "I've picked the house I want to buy, now all I need is three hundred thousand dollars".

If you want to get people to help you, or you want to help people, you should post in the Help Wanted forum. But I warn you, there is practically no call for ideas men. You need a saleable talent, like programing or artistic ability, to have a realistic change of getting people to help you.
There's a lot of posts about things like this, I can't really find any right now to link you, but basically it boils down to... it ain't gonna' happen unless you have:

1. A friggin' sweet idea, that's pretty much finished and ready to start making (down to how every piece works conceptually).

2. Tons, and tons of money to pay a dev team.

3. Skills to help assist and the passion/ability to motivate a team to starting, and finishing the game.

or a combination thereof. =] A lot of the time, it is still a "Good luck and God bless!" view... so...

Good luck and God bless! =D

PS. If you really want to get into game design, go to school and start pounding out those designs. If you're not going to go to school, you most likely won't make a career of it unless you're DAMN good, (with proof) or unless you start working at it yourself... either with programming, modelling, music, or drawing skills. The rest will come with time and the propper effort.
Everyone feels like this. I could make the best game but I don't know the technical details of creating it... but my ideas are the best!

Most often you want to do something as close to real life as possible.

This is how I got into computer programming, when I was 12! I played video games and decided "I have the greatest creative ideas for this stuff! I should make video games.

And I have been trying to ever since.
Well, it's not like "I found a house and I need money!", because I just have loads of idea's and want to help out people with the skills who don't have idea's, also, I don't want full credit for the game... :P
That's another point of view, heh. Most people want others to help them, at least you want to help others. :)

The thing is, most people working on games are implementing their own idea's already, so I don´t think you'll find many people looking for an idea's-only man. On top of that, how do you know your idea's are actually fun to play? That's probably the hardest, and least tangible thing. What you like may not be what the players like, and how you envisioned the game may not be easy to implement, if you envision concrete ways to get there at all. Those cool idea's that simply don't want to get translated to a feasible ruleset, y'know. ;)

Anyway, have you written down some of those idea's? Care to share a few here? At least it would up your chances, as it allows people to check out if they're really such good or interesting idea's.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
Yes... I am working on a sample concept at the moment, I'll add it to the first post as soon as it's finished.

And true, it might be that some people won't like my idea's, but the style is a highly played one (e.g. Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc.). I think it's the most played and developed sort, but I'm not sure.
Of course, it could be that my idea's are just stupid, but the style right... That would be annoying ;)
Everyone into games/game programming has ideas! Why would anyone spend years learning to program games if they had no ideas of games they would like to make?

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but you really should learn some skills (eg. art or programming) if you want your ideas realized. There are also some point&click style game creators available for certain types of games.
I agree, most ideas are worthless. But how about we wait to see his first idea before we shoot it to bits? :)
@ Kylotan
Good plan... :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement