Sign in to follow this  
cubicwang

OpenGL how to create cube render target?

I want to use cube render target to generate a shadow map for point light. But I can't find a clear info for how to create a cube render target in opengl and how could I set each of the face as the render target? Please Help!! Thank you very much!!!!

Create the cube_map just like you would normally. However, when you want to reference an indivual face as a 2d texture, bind the cubemap then specify the face as the texture target via GL_CUBE_MAP_NEG_X etc (or whatever they are, i cant remember off the top of my head)

Quote:
Original post by Exorcist
Create the cube_map just like you would normally. However, when you want to reference an indivual face as a 2d texture, bind the cubemap then specify the face as the texture target via GL_CUBE_MAP_NEG_X etc (or whatever they are, i cant remember off the top of my head)

that's interesting, but what about FBO's ? do you know how to specify the cubemap's face to render to ?

I'm quite confused because a cube has 6 faces and my hardware is supposed to handle 4 color attachements max (geforce 6600)...

So is it or not possible to use one single FBO to render the hole cube map ?