My game: Sanctuary is Finally Released!

Started by
5 comments, last by Th0ughtCr1me 17 years, 6 months ago
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting After many long hours of work, I have finally completed my first game: Sanctuary It is a top-down story-driven action game. It has a story mode, challenge modes, mini-games, unlockables and great music made by my game making partner. You can view some screenshots of it here: Screenshots Or, you can download the Demo of it here: Demo! So give it a try, tell me what you think. Man, it feels good to finally have completed something. [Edited by - andor_00 on October 23, 2006 2:52:39 AM]
"It's a sad, sad day when your own weiner dog betrays you..."
Advertisement
Pretty cool! Made me forget my homework :(
After some deliberation, I decided to go with my original instinct of pricing it at $14.95 instead of $19.95.

So, anyone else wanna check it out?
Just kidding, I've actually decided to price the full game at $9.95.

So, any more comments?
The screenshots look pretty good. I will have to try out the demo another time (I am already up too late!).

Don't mind me asking, but how long did it take you to make even the demo?
Well thats a tough question to answer, cause I'm not sure myself, and I didn't make the demo till I was done with the game itself.

Basically, I started the game over 9 months ago, but I only worked off and on for a bit. Later I mustered up the motivation to work on the game seriously, though still only part time due to having a job. But I would guess around 6 months of part-time hours went into the game.

Ideally, I'd love to make games full time so I can put more time and care into them, but that all hinges on the success of this game.
First off, I like your game a lot, the controls are tight and gameplay is fun (I like the seeking sword thing[when you hold down mouse left], rolling, jumping, psi-ops stuff, all very fun and unusual), that said, as to your post:
Quote:Original post by andor_00Ideally, I'd love to make games full time so I can put more time and care into them, but that all hinges on the success of this game.

I think you need more art to really give game dev'ing for pay a go, your art is fun, but a few hundred in art packs and you would have a budget box title.

A light map like that used in "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain"(just as an example), an overlayed alpha image used for light and shadow, I don't know if you are already doing this for the dark rooms, but if you are, you could use it to give the impression of ambient occlusion in the light rooms by darkening the corners. Just a thought.

Good luck :)
_______________ Play my Game at neonswarm.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement