[Tutorial] C++ Beginners Tutorial

Started by
22 comments, last by mikeman 17 years, 5 months ago
Alas, no. It was a thread about somebody else posting their tutorials. The thread you linked to is relatively new, this thread was old, but still after Washu's journal posts.
Advertisement
well, i'm so n00bs at C++ Game Programming... or very very n00b at C++ Programming (not only game programming)

i got this error while trying to run it:

Quote:Compiling NONAME00.CPP:
Error NONAME00.CPP 6: Unable to open include file 'IOSTREAM'
Error NONAME00.CPP 10: Declaration syntax error
Error NONAME00.CPP 16: Undefined symbol 'string' in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 16: Statement missing ; in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 18: Statement missing ; in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 21: Undefined symbol 'cout' in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 24: Undefined symbol 'cin' in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 24: Undefined symbol 'username' in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 33: Undefined symbol 'password' in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 39: Undefined symbol 'endl' in function main()
Error NONAME00.CPP 57: Call to undefined function 'system' in function main()
Warning NONAME00.CPP 58: Function should return a value in function main()

What do i do?

And sorry for my bad english... please teach me.

- thx b4
Just also pointing out that your 'Test123' password shouldn't be hardcoded in one place, and especially multiple places. I know it's a content-specific demo, but you don't want to be teaching bad logic habits either.

~Graham
Writing good C++ tutorials for total beginners is a bitch. If someone forced me to write one, I honestly would have no idea where and how to begin. In order to fully explain a simple C++ "Hello world" program, you have to talk about headers, functions, the special role of the 'main' function, types, mention the existence of SC++L, namespaces, streams and operators. Or you could just not explain them and dump a piece of code, but what kind of tutorial is that? But then again, if you do explain all of them, what kind of total beginner tutorial is that?

Maybe a 'C++ tutorial for the total beginner' is a paradox on its own. Maybe total beginners shouldn't start with C++ anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement