Super Fighting Hyper Action Sidescrolling Oldschool Mega Awesome RPG Game

Started by
22 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 17 years, 5 months ago
Why in some places (including the website and the installer) is the sidescrolling written "SIdescrolling"? Is there a joke I'm missing?
Advertisement
This is an awesome game. You've done a great job. The combos, the visuals, the music it was all brilliant. I did run into a bug though. During a run through the game I got in a battle which never ended, I killed all the enemies but it stayed in battle mode. You might want to check that out.
James Gregory: Oh, spelling mistakes? dohhhhhhhh >_<

barakus: Ahh, thank you for pointing that out. It seems like an easy enough bug but it's a bug where I can't seem to find. :((( Could you tell me what types of enemies there were? Were there actual humanoids in the battle? Or just monsters? or maybe both?

Thanks guys for trying out/testing the game!! (^_^)/
(/^_^)/
Quote:Original post by hayatosama
Thank you for the reply good sir!!

Hmm, I agree with the 4 critiques!

However, I have to ask a few questions first.

The character movement. Was the running speed too slow? If you were just walking.. I do believe the character is too slow. However, once you run, I do not know if thats too slow.. I'll keep that in mind!!

The walking speed is definitely too slow. The running speed should be the walking speed personally.

Quote:The sword transitions... The launching attack purposefully made the character not be able to recover quickly due to game balancing. When the characters were able to move and attack at the same time, the game got ridiculously easy. So I made ground-fights all stationary (well, while attacking). However, air combos limits your up/down movement so I gave the freedom of actually moving while attacking in the air. Kinda weird but.. yea.. >_<

Well I'm not too sure whether A or D is the launching attack but no matter which one I hit once or multiple, I still stay there for about a second or two. Aggravating when you can't dodge. The "not moving while swinging", ok that's cool [smile]

Quote:Anyhow, thank you for the suggestions!! (xbox live seems like a real hard chore me though.)

You should REALLY consider this option. It'll be very very beneficial especially with a game like this!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Hey ... I just saw that game in the making in California (I was next to the artist at CreativeLabs Bootcamp) !!!

I guess the AP (hayatosama) is the programmer ?

The game is awesome. Continue the good work.

Francois
hey thanks!

oh, and ya, im the programmer/artist
(/^_^)/
Critique four and five:

if an enemy is behind you, your sword swing should still be able to hit them. currently it just goes right through them

is there a block button or will there be?

suggestions: a key to see what moves are mapped to what keys, squirrels who run toward the screen (directly not diagonally) should have an animation with them facing the screen and running.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Great game - I like that style.
It would be really "Hyper Action" if the contols weren't so sluggish.
BY POPULAR DEMAND, MULTIPLAYER CO-OP IS NOW BEING FINALIZED AND TESTED!!!
STAY TUUUUNED!!!!
This game rocks!!!

The best fun and game experience since...ahh I cant even remember!!

Ok I need to get back and kick some ass of that fella who stole the pie ;-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement