D Shankar

Started by
3 comments, last by D Shankar 17 years, 5 months ago
Workshop participation thread for D Shankar
Advertisement
Thanks for creating this; I look forward to participating over the process of this workshop.

I have several years of experience in hand-drawing, a year of which was formal. I enjoy drawing, but for the past few years, my efforts have moved to the digital world where I began pixel art. Just less than a year ago, I made the move to 3d art, where I am currently practicing. I'll post a scan of a recent drawing sometime soon. My styles are generally abstract humans and objects/architecture. My drawings tend to be more realistic (compared to say, Anime/Cartoon, or Horror/Fantasy.).

Regards,
D. "Nex" ShankarRed Winter Studios
What happened to your post? It bugged out, figuratively and literally.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Thanks for creating this; I look forward to participating over the process of this workshop.

I have several years of experience in hand-drawing, a year of which was formal. I enjoy drawing, but for the past few years, my efforts have moved to the digital world where I began pixel art. Just less than a year ago, I made the move to 3d art, where I am currently practicing. I'll post a scan of a recent drawing sometime soon. My styles are generally abstract humans and objects/architecture. My drawings tend to be more realistic (compared to say, Anime/Cartoon, or Horror/Fantasy.).

Regards,

D. "Nex" Shankar
Red Winter Studios

[Edited by - D Shankar on October 29, 2006 11:43:05 AM]
The following are some scans from my "portfolio."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is probably my best one, of an alien creature standing on top of a dune, with a desert/dune background.

This is a drawing of Confucius that I found in a book. I didn't spend my time on it though. Could, most certainly, be done better.

My first and only trial at Manga (quite Americanized, says my Chinese friend).

This is a pic of a sailor standing and viewing the Pearl Harbor destruction. Initially, this was just to get sailor clothing done properly, but then it evolved a bit. I think the sailor was done well, but the whole "destruction through out the window" thing wasn't done properly. No one can tell its a.) Pearl Harbor b.) a window.

A picture I found in Scientific American, if memory serves. It looked cool, so I thought I'd try drawing it. Everything is decent, except the guy's legs, which is most certainly out of proportion.

This was a little concept sketch of some kind of castle/manor/fantasy place. Not finished, but the idea just went away.

Regards,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement