Jak08

Started by
3 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 5 months ago
This is my first post, both for this Workshop and on gamedev.net period.

I am currently a junior in high school with hopes of attending UAT in a couple of years. I love art and drawing, but usually find myself unable to pick a subject, and therefore don't get the practice I probably should have. I am intrested in programing also and am taking a c++ course at my local community collage currently, and will take a C# class next semester. I believe this is all I have to say currently and hope to enjoy everybody's virtual company over the next several weeks.
Advertisement
Workshop participation thread for Jak08
Well sense my last post, was a little devoid of my art history, I'll include it with this post, I have allways drawn off and on sense about the 2nd grade, at my elementry school we had various artists come for a week once a year, so had a little bit of learning that way, once in junior high, I florished in my schools art program, then in about 9th grade, I decided not to do my final semester test, thus failing it and the class. My art teacher's policy was, if you can't pass Art 1, then she won't reaccept you, so I have been un able to draw formaly for the past 2 years.

Also I will be using this first post to post all of my content so it is up front and easy to access so when commenting please specify by the title I have listed after the ~, Thank you.

10/30/06

Project 1 Part 1 ~ Shell and Counter

For this Assignment, I did a shotgun shell and a metal counter, I figured it would have dramatic effect. For the magazine cover, I do have a question before I start it, is the cover supposed to be a picture or a drawing? Anyway, I'm already enjoying this workshop and hope to stick with it.(Also with my drawings. I have Them hosted on my website and if anybody wishes to, they may use it, I have plenty of space to share).

[Edited by - Jak08 on October 30, 2006 8:32:40 PM]
Good shading on your assignment. To answer your question about magazines, I'd quote Oluseyi:
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Here's a bunch of magazine covers. It's not encyclopedic, and it in particular does not address the illustrative style that was prominent in advertisements (think Rosie the Riveter-style images), but it should help as a starting point.

I guess the magazine should be old-style, with people on the cover. I'm pretty busy through Wednesday, so I'll probably post mine on later this week.
D. "Nex" ShankarRed Winter Studios
I posted a bunch of images to the assignment thread. I'll be adding more later.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement