• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LetsKillDave

XNA Game Studio Express Beta 2 ready for download

This topic is 4243 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here you go folks, http://msdn.com/xna/gse. Tons of improvements, including the addition of the content pipeline, which will make it MUCH easier to create 3D games. Enjoy!

Advertisement
Sweet!

That, and I never knew that Dave Weller was a GameDev.net member! Double sweet!

Quote:
Original post by Moe
That, and I never knew that Dave Weller was a GameDev.net member! Double sweet!

oh yah. I've been a member since...I think 1876 :-)

I still have to check out XNA thoroughly, but going from what I've read it is starting to look like it's designed specifically for casual games. As the design support for GameComponents has been dropped, this feature has become more like a basic scene graph than anything else (the horror [wink]). I also have some 2nd thoughts about the changes to render targets as discussed by ZMan. Obviously XBox deployment takes some compromising, but with XNA drifting away from DirectX it seems to be becoming more restrictive and less expressive.

Obviously the best way to find out is for me to stop analyzing and start coding stuff with it, but I just wanted to poll some opinions. So, any thoughts?

im still waiting for xbox support...
there is a new patch for the xbox that says it enables XNA. what does that mean?

Quote:
Original post by cody
im still waiting for xbox support...
I believe it has been stated with no variation that this will not happen before XNA/GSE is finished. You won't be using the beta versions on an XBox 360. As I understand it, this is due to the potential for buggy/insecure code being given access to production equipement and networks - seems reasonable enough to me.
Quote:
Original post by cody
there is a new patch for the xbox that says it enables XNA. what does that mean?
I think it was in David's blog a few days ago - it just means they're getting things ready for launch. No date has been set but a "holiday season" release would have to be in the next 4-6 weeks so seems reasonable they'll be starting to get the ball rolling [smile]

hth
Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
I think it was in David's blog a few days ago - it just means they're getting things ready for launch. No date has been set but a "holiday season" release would have to be in the next 4-6 weeks so seems reasonable they'll be starting to get the ball rolling [smile]

I wonder if this was the patch that is causing the 'E71' boot error to new 360's [grin]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!