• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hplus0603

kW Xport: 3dsmax v8 .X exporter version 1.1 released!

This topic is 4290 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by HybridChris
Well, you asked me for a more detailed explanation of the issues I mentioned last time.

Thanks a lot, this helps! Most of what you're seeing seems like a bug, and I'll hopefully have some time to look at it during Christmas break.

Quote:

>> when using the DEFAULT mirror command(upper toolbar) in 3DSMax for bone hierarchies I always got wrong
animated(inverted transform or similar) and inverted polys on the mirrored hierarchy side after export
---> the only way for mirroring the hierarchies is to use the extra "mirror"-button in the "Bone Utility"-dialog-> then everything looks fine

That one's easy: the "default" mirroring creates messed-up skinned animation. That's why they have the bone utility mirror button. Have you tried this geometry with Panda? If so, does Panda export it right?

Quote:

I'd like to send it by eMail but I'm afraid of your "killer" spam filter ;)

I'll send you a good address in e-mail.

Thanks again for the detailed feedback!

Advertisement
I'm running 3dsmax 8 with service pack 3, I installed KW Xport and installation seemed to go fine, however when I try to run max with the exporter installed I get the "kwxport.dle failed to initialize, error code 126: The specified module could not be found." error.

Any ideas what might be missing?

It works now...

I have visual studio 2003, but I got visual studio 2005 express and XNA game studio express because I wanted to mess around XNA. After installing vs2005 express and XNA the plugin worked. When I installed the plugin before, I allowed the vs8 runtime libraries to install but still the plugin didn't work. I guess the installer didn't install everything that was required for someone not running vs2005. Just figured I share this information incase others have this problem.

We are using kW Xport in our project and it is working fine in most cases. However sometimes the output is messed up and the following ends up between the normals:

MeshNormals normals {
935;
-0.020853;-0.014953;-2.183553;,

2.183704;0.000000;-0.000000;,
-1.#IND00;-1.#IND00;-1.#IND00;,

Any ideas on where this is coming from? If I remove the 3 lines and replace the #IND part by 000 the model works fine.

That looks like getting bad data out of 3dsMax. The kW X-porter only takes the normals as provided by 3ds Max; it doesn't do anything to the data. The weird data you're seeing is badly formatted data such as infinity or denormals or not-a-number tokens. You could check the geometry for zero-size faces or incomplete smoothing groups to see if that's what's causing it.

Hi, I use kW Xport and I have a trouble: when I check to export mesh with shader, it doesn't do exporting! Also I cannot to export skeleton animation. I have vs2005 installed, and 3ds max8 sp3.
Who know how to help me, please answer me.

I've downloaded the "kwxport-setup-max9.exe" and installed it then i run the 3ds max, the messagebox with error about some moduls not found, i follow the instruction and install the "DirectX October 2006", right now i can run the 3ds max without above error, i opened my car model, selected File\Export, selected file type "kW X-port(*.X)" to export, the kW X-port Dialog appeared, i keep every default settings, click "OK", after about 30s i see the error on the screen "An error has occurred and the application will now close. No scene changes have occurred since your last save".

Do you have any idea about that ? Please tell me why.

all i seem to get when exporting is

the exporter crashed during export

please close max and restart it before trying to export again

then after that it says

export module failure

is a shame really as panda really doesnt work for what i need

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!