Textures for Game devs & 3D artists

Started by
6 comments, last by robbriscoe 17 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys, I’ve been working like crazy over the last few months after finishing my map for Nuclear Dawn working on a website to provide a large, online expanding library of polished textures for game developers and 3D artists. It’s been a labour of love, working day and night to build up a quality library of content for launch, not to mention the website itself but I’m proud to finally announce that it’s now open to the public! click to enter The site provides a large online collection of high quality professionally made texture maps that are ready to use as soon as you download. All textures are seamless and of a high resolution, and more importantly are completely copyright and royalty free once you subscribe. That means that you can use them in your projects, be it personal or commercial. I will be adding up to 50-60 textures per week, and once you become a subscribed member, I aim to offer a personalised service where if you don’t see something you want, you can simply request it and I will aim to add associated textures into the library. Not only that but I have also begun to add extra maps such as normal and specular to the library as well as any other maps appropriate to the base texture maps. You can also find a variety of different types of textures too such as Decals and Detail maps. If you want to sample the textures before subscribing, each week we are offering 6 free samples over at the free textures section! There is also a free tutorials section which is being built up at the moment so expect more content there soon. click to enter Anyway I hope you find this useful and find something you like! Subscription is pretty cheap, only around the price of a couple of beers! If you have any comments, questions or feedback I’d love to hear them! :)
Advertisement
lol spam
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Why would anybody want to subscribe for around USD $100 each year when they can pay the same amount only once to a place like Marlin Studios? Adding 50-60 textures a week sounds more like a reason to use programmer art until the last second then pay for a single month and download everything you offer, and the download limit sounds insanely inconvenient compared to simply ordering a CD for a one-time payment.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Whilst your service might be of interest to members of the community I think it's more suitable for the 'Your Announcements' forum:

Quote:Your Announcements
Make your web site or game project known to everyone. If you're going to spam our board, this is the place to do it!

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Granted Marlin studios offer seamless textures on DVD for $159 dollars, but you only get 252 textures and you have no idea now useful it would be before you buy it.

Im offering not only access to 1280 textures of all sorts (including normal maps etc) in a ever-growing library, but am offering a personal service for anyone who wants specific textures adding at no extra cost + support + any bonus content that is added later. Not only that but you can browse through the collection before you subscribe and check out our collection to see if there is enough there for your $10 (in which time you could d/l 1500 texture if you wished) which i think is decent value no?

Im not looking to rip anyone off, most of the money goes back into running the site.
Personally, I think this is a great site. The textures may very well be expensive for amatures to use especially if you are in he early stages of developing you game, but you get what you pay for, an in this case it seems to be quality images that robbriscoe has obviously spent a lot of time on.

I can't tell you how long i've been playing around in gimp trying to make some good looking textures for my game, only to scrap them when they didn't turn out the way I wanted. Wasted time that could/should have been much better spent on programming.

I'm not an artist, so I welcome this site and think the cost pretty reasonable.

----------------------------------------------------
Check out my casual TBS game blog
----------------------------------------------------
You might want to invest in a better host. You're site is unavailable to me (on Comcast) at this time.
Thanks guys, the site is up for me, hopefully it was just a server restart or something.

As for pricing I kept it as low as possible just so it will cover the cost for the webhosting and ISP for now :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement