DirectX 9 and Visual C++ 5

Started by
5 comments, last by jollyjeffers 17 years, 5 months ago
I get this error message fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3d61ba40. what is this.
Advertisement
Are you talking VC++ 2005 or 5? If 5, then why not just move to 2005 Express? Otherwise, some more info might help.
Quote:Original post by ankhd
I get this error message fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3d61ba40.
what is this.
It's an linker error message. Either your disk is full, or it's an invalid file.

What file is that error referring to? Does it say it's a DX lib, or is it in your application? And please tell me you mean Visual C++ 2005 and not Visual C++ 5. VC++ 5 hasn't been supported with the DirectX SDK in years.
It's visual C++ 97
and here is the complete ERROR:
StdAfx.cpp
Linking...
C:\DXSDK\LIB\d3d9.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3d61ba40
Error executing link.exe.
It's visual C++ 97
and here is the complete ERROR:
StdAfx.cpp
Linking...
C:\DXSDK\LIB\d3d9.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3d61ba40
Error executing link.exe.
The current DirectX SDK does not support VC6 or earlier. The last version to support VC6 was October 2004, but I don't know about VC5 (I don't even know if any DX SDK works with VC 5).

You can download VC++ 2005 Express from Here for free if you want to do DirectX development.
[wow] Visual C++ 5!

Well I suppose it is only 9 years behind current technology... [lol]

Seriously though - as others have replied: do yourself a favour and get a more up to date compiler. The VC++ 2005 express edition (aka Visual C++ 8) will be vastly superior to VC5 and it's still actively supported and compatible with the various SDK's/libraries.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement