Started by
27 comments, last by ishpeck 17 years, 5 months ago
Personally, I think:

Pyromancer +
Hydromancer +
Geomancer +
Aeromancer +
= Elementalist

What happens when there's a monster that absorbs fire? The pyromancer is hopeless.

Oh, and electricity isn't really an element. :/

And hyrdo is water, not ice. If someone is playing your game, they'll get confused (in games water=/=ice)
Advertisement
Nah elementalist is Guild War's creation plus that encourages people not to go solo all the time.
i avoided the term "elementalist" for that same reason. Even tho other games have used the term even before guild wars.
DarkTech Software.
Quote:Original post by Adriac
Nah elementalist is Guild War's creation plus that encourages people not to go solo all the time.

But then everyone will just be a sorcerer.
Is there any point in splitting up the class? This topic could be argued for months and never reach an end due to different preferences, opinions, and/or points of view
I did a quick google search, and "kerauno-" seems to be the Greek prefix for thunder or lightning. "Keraunomancy" means divining the future through thunder. You can also spell it "Ceraunomancy".
Quote:Original post by zuloon
Personally, I think:

Pyromancer +
Hydromancer +
Geomancer +
Aeromancer +
= Elementalist

What happens when there's a monster that absorbs fire? The pyromancer is hopeless.

If a monster absorbs fire, then hopefully you have a hydromancer or aeromancer handy to do damage to the beast. Depending on the situation, this isn't a total loss situation. Look at Diablo 2 - if you were playing as a sorceress and you focused exclusively on ice magic, when you encounter a monster immune to ice... well... you panic.

Quote:Oh, and electricity isn't really an element. :/

Fire isn't really an element either, although "oxygenmancer" doesn't exactly have a nice ring to it. Anything can be a fantasy magic element if the creator of the world wishes it to be so. Again, in Diablo, it WAS an element.

Quote:And hyrdo is water, not ice. If someone is playing your game, they'll get confused (in games water=/=ice)

As far as water =/= ice, there are games that DO make the assumption that water and ice are one and the same; one commercial game that does this is Secret of Mana.
The latin word for lightning is "fulmen" -> Fulmenomancer ?
The old norse word is "leiptr" -> Leiptromancer ?
Continuing on what Yvanhoe said, Slavic words are munja (thunder) and grom (lighning). Gromovnik (lightning-shooter, roughly) seems to me like a nice and exotic word (to USAians).
Quote:Original post by Yvanhoe
The old norse word is "leiptr" -> Leiptromancer ?

Leiptromancer sounds cool and lemme go back and see what the other one I saw was that I liked

Btw how do i put two quotes in a post?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement