Sign in to follow this  
The Orange Peanut

[.net] C# for programmers

I'm going to try to get an intership at a local business programming C# apps next semester. I have a friend who works there and he told me to brush up on C# because that is what they use, and, more importantly, what their interview test consists of. I dabbled in C# 2 or so years ago so I'm not completely unfamiliar with it, but I'd like to brush up on it. Does anyone know of any good online material to teach C# to programmers? I obviously want to avoid things like logic and loops and even classes (except where applicable to C# specifically). I'm a junior CS student, I already know those things :-p I don't think learning a language and a library will be difficult since I can already program, but I'd rather have some material to learn with instead of merely reference material. Thanks.

Check out streetdog.com. It is the website of my C# instructor, who I had in collge. There are a few exercises there that might be fun/challenging to do.

Be careful though! When someone says that it's a C# test it might contain .NET framework questions too! Many people do distinguish these two...

Quote:
Original post by The Orange Peanut
I obviously want to avoid things like logic and loops and even classes (except where applicable to C# specifically).

That's probably exactly what they are going to test you for.

For an exercise I'd suggest writing a a rock, scissors, paper console based game. If you can do that and justify your design choices fairly quickly - you will probably do alright. Other popular things include writing sort algorithms etc.

Look though Scott Hanslemans questions and ask yourself, do you know kung-fu? [wink]