buy battle axe in uk

Started by
44 comments, last by Akanaaz 17 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I am looking to buy a battle axe for decorative purposes. Firstly, where can i find a nice axe? All of the ones i have found on ebay/net are fugly. There are some nice swords. see collector blades almost all of these are swords but no good axes. See other links on that site for generic swords/axes. I prefer a single sided axe, gritty looking, golden coloured with lots of detail. however this sword is amazing imo and this one but i would still like an axe. Also, can i get these into the UK? I dont mind them blunt. Thanks
--------------------------------Dr Cox: "People are ***tard coated ***tards with ***tard filling."
Advertisement
Axes are overrated imho. The triple critical damage looks nice on paper, but the sparse availability of good magic axes throughout the realms and the need to take specific weapon proficiencies, leaves you better off using a sword (holy avenger ftw!).
It is I, the spectaculous Don Karnage! My bloodthirsty horde is on an intercept course with you. We will be shooting you and looting you in precisely... Ten minutes. Felicitations!
Quote:Original post by Riviera Kid
Hi,

I am looking to buy a battle axe for decorative purposes.
Firstly, where can i find a nice axe? All of the ones i have found on ebay/net are fugly.

There are some nice swords.

see collector blades

almost all of these are swords but no good axes. See other links on that site for generic swords/axes.

I prefer a single sided axe, gritty looking, golden coloured with lots of detail.

however this sword is amazing imo

and this one

but i would still like an axe.
Also, can i get these into the UK? I dont mind them blunt.
Thanks

You dont mind them blunt?
Non blunt weapons are dangerous to handle, especially when you can't resist the urge to practice with them. You can easily chop off some flesh out of your body.

It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Those swords look really, really nice. I was never really into axes, but I do like maces :P
Check this out!

http://www.weaponsemporium.com/WE-Display-Axes&Flails.htm
I was surfing that site you linked to when I ran across this:

ROFLMAO!!!
Quote:Original post by DJ14IVI3

ROFLMAO!!!

looks more practical than those two things in the OP...
I really hoped that thread would be about battle axes as in kind of real axes that was used in real battles, you know how them look. but ugh :(

Quote:Original post by Eelco

ROFLMAO!!!

true, but i for example have trouble visualising a way to swing this thing dangerously but without cutting your own arm esp if you happen to hit something with other end ... and i thought i know quite a few ways to spin things... if i had to choose weapon for real fight i'd probably choose piece of wooden log over anything posted here so far.

I suppose that is the main point of these things. Leave audience puzzled as of why it has such shape.
Quote:Original post by Dmytry
I really hoped that thread would be about battle axes as in kind of real axes that was used in real battles, you know how them look. but ugh :(

yeah i thought the same thing when i clicked... it really puzzles me why these no good for anything but hurting yourself nerd toys are so popular, and why people buy them at prices that are sometimes above what you´d pay for a historical replica...
I suppose that the sword I highlighted could be used as a skewer. The handle would make it possible to grab it without burning yourself. The only problem is that you'd need to carefully balance the meat or lose it when the "sword" leans to the heavier side.
Quote:Original post by Dmytry
Quote:Original post by Eelco

ROFLMAO!!!

true, but i for example have trouble visualising a way to swing this thing dangerously but without cutting your own arm esp if you happen to hit something with other end
Well I'm fairly sure that you're supposed to hold it so that the blade rests under the bottom of your hand (ie if you let your arms simply hang straight down, the blade is vertical and behind you). That way you can see that it at least makes sense and could conceivably be useful.
The rather small guard between the handle and the blade is a little disconcerting though.

I feel like it'd be more comfortable in a reverse grip, so the short side of the blade extends away from your hand and the long side is near your arm.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement