Mathematics Courses

Started by
2 comments, last by eliuk 17 years, 5 months ago
'm currently working on a Master's in Mathematics with an emphasis in Computer Science. I'm trying to decide which classes to take that would best prepare me for a job in the gaming industry. One job that is of particular interest would be the 3D Graphics and Math Programmer for Bioware. For computer science, I'm focusing on Computer Graphics and AI. In Mathematics, the course selection is much more difficult. I already have take all the graduate Linear Algebra courses, Advanced Differential Equations, and Advanced Numerical Analysis I. Next semester, in the math department, I plan on taking Advanced Numerical Analysis II, but I don't think that would be of any benefit towards my ultimate goal. Any suggestions as to what other graduate Mathematics courses (other than Linear Algebra) I should try to take before I graduate in a few years? Thanks.
Advertisement
I take it your at the uofa?

I most likely have seen you around.

What computing science courses have you taken?

I'm at University of Arkansas at Little Rock in the math grad program. As a graduate student, I've only taken (and currently taking) Computer Graphics in the CS department. I got my undergrad degrees at Ouachita Baptist University, and I took a number of computer science classes there (since CS was one of my degrees).
I see, you have already have your degree in cs and your just doing your Master's in Mathematics.

I just went through the interview process with bioware for a graphics position.

Shoot me a pm and we can talk through that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement