Sign in to follow this  
Gbok

Level Uploading Question

After a map is finished in UnrealEngine 2, how can i upload it to say, these forums so people can try it out and i can get some feedback on it? I'm currently a senior in highschool and trying to decide between Game Level Design, or maybe something else in the field, or Web Design. Hoping after i get my map done i can see where i am at in this field. I'm a lot more experience in web design but i hear that field is very saturated and may not be the best to go into. Thanks

You usally upload the file to some webspace, and then link to it from here. GameDev.Net does not provide space for people to upload files to (Except for GDNet+ stuff, which is a subscription service).

There's loads of free file upload sites on the Internet, like Fileshack. Google gives loads of relevant results.

If you have hosting some where, all you'd need to do is make a post (not sure which one of the forums would be best for level design ...possibly visual arts but maybe lounge or announcements) with a link to the file and ask for feedback.

If you don't have some place to host your files and feel you'd like to become more involved in GDNet, you can sign up for GDNet+ which gives you webspace and a journal (and some other stuff). There are also free hosting sites that you may be able to use (megaupload and rapidshare are the only names I know and I haven't used either so can't vouch for them).

All that aside, these forums comprise of a group of people with very diverse interests and you may find it hard to get feedback on a level for Unreal Engine 2. There are probably lots of people who play Unreal Tournament regularly, but you may be better off showing your map to a community that is very specifically interested in Unreal maps/models/etc (like planetunreal or something).

All the best,
ViLiO