where to find c++ workshop #1?

Started by
5 comments, last by laserbeak43 17 years, 5 months ago
where can i find c++ workshop #1?
__________________________________________________________Maybe one day i can not be affraid of venturing out of the beginners section.
Advertisement
OH!!
found a forum section. sweet!!
__________________________________________________________Maybe one day i can not be affraid of venturing out of the beginners section.
ok gonna have to order the book
There is a book with the C++ workshop? Or which "the" book are you talking about? There are many many books printed on C++, some good, many bad.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Quote:Original post by Talroth
There is a book with the C++ workshop? Or which "the" book are you talking about? There are many many books printed on C++, some good, many bad.

this is from the week one thread.

Quote:Original post by jwalsh

Because everyone will be working from the same textbook (Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days 5th Ed.), students may find it easier to get answers to the specific questions they might have.

there are many bad books but a bad book can be a good book if there is a big enough group of people using it in my opinion.
Quote:Original post by laserbeak43
there are many bad books but a bad book can be a good book if there is a big enough group of people using it in my opinion.

Yes. The important thing is to realize that there are a lot of things the book isn't telling you. C++ books typically have a really poor coverage of the standard C++ library, which is a pity.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
true

i'm sure there are a lot of people like me, theyve tried to learn programming for years with no real help and was really stuck. so this big community of people who have probably read every book published should be able to cover lots of different un/misdocumented aspects in c++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement