warning C4819 in d3d9types.h

Started by
3 comments, last by ccanan 17 years, 5 months ago
Warning 2 warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (936). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss c:\program files\microsoft directx sdk (february 2006)\include\d3d9types.h 1385 well this warning do no harms to my code as I see. but I don't the warnings in the output of every build. how to save the file in unicode format? or other solution? EDIT: Made subject line more specific. [Edited by - jollyjeffers on November 8, 2006 3:38:58 AM]
Advertisement
If you open the file in Notepad, then Save As... there should be an Encoding option at the very bottom of the dialog. Choose Unicode.
You can also do this directly from Visual Studio: "File" menu -> "Advanced Save Options".

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by taby
If you open the file in Notepad, then Save As... there should be an Encoding option at the very bottom of the dialog. Choose Unicode.
I belive MSVC lets you do this too if you chose "Save As".

Have you edited the file in some way, though? Normally that file shouldn't contain any unicode characters...

EDIT: Bah, too slow [smile]
fine, thx guys!I use advanced option in vc2005.
fix it!
feel so good with 0 error and 0 warning!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement