Sign in to follow this  
steve18504

Unreal Script to design BOTS

I want to ask how can I use unreal script to design a bots, and the bots will evolution with genetic algorithm on those fuzzy value in the bots, so a bot which will evolute can be designed. The whole picture and the run down of the game I have designed, but I seems cannot find a way to detect states in the game, such as an enemy stand in front of the bot, the bot will shoot. However this process need to get data from the game such as the distance between enemy and bots and weapon holds by the bots. Also it need to generate a signal to the game which control the bot in the game to chase and shoot. It is a difficult task. People suggest me to use unreal script to do this since unreal script can design behavior of the bot. But I search on the web it is hard to find some code that are in unreal script to design bots behavior but lots in map design....... Can anyone tell me how can unreal script design behavior of the bots?

I don't know too much about UnrealScript myself, although I keep meaning to learn, but a quick Google search for UnrealScript tutorials should help you learn all you ever wanted to know about the subject. Implementing fuzzy logic, now that sounds like a fun one. Try the AI board here, and combine it with whatever you happen to learn about UnrealScript. I take it you know that to use UnrealScript, you need to create your entire game in the Unreal engine, right?

OK, that's about all I can tell you, I'm afraid.