Sign in to follow this  

How to change window layout in vs2005?

This topic is 4057 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The first time the vs2005 IDE is run the user is given a chance to set the default layout. I rarely use anything but C++ so I chose that as my default layout. But only recently I've come to appreciate some features available in other layouts. I especially hate searching the output window for error messages. Pressing F4 repeatedly to jump over errors is counter-intuitive in my opinion as there are times when the programmer knows THE error message that is the source of all others. I saw that window in a .NET language-related layout the other day - which btw I can't remember its name - with all those errors sorted in a clean table and I thought to myself, well that's exactly what I'm looking for. I was wondering if anyone knows how to add that to the IDE, once you've chosen C++ as the default layout. Thanks in advance.

This topic is 4057 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.