How to change window layout in vs2005?

Started by
2 comments, last by Ashkan 17 years, 5 months ago
The first time the vs2005 IDE is run the user is given a chance to set the default layout. I rarely use anything but C++ so I chose that as my default layout. But only recently I've come to appreciate some features available in other layouts. I especially hate searching the output window for error messages. Pressing F4 repeatedly to jump over errors is counter-intuitive in my opinion as there are times when the programmer knows THE error message that is the source of all others. I saw that window in a .NET language-related layout the other day - which btw I can't remember its name - with all those errors sorted in a clean table and I thought to myself, well that's exactly what I'm looking for. I was wondering if anyone knows how to add that to the IDE, once you've chosen C++ as the default layout. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
That ought to be the TODO list. Look in "View->Other Windows". The menu name entry might be different, i'm having the german version.

It's the third menu from the left.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

In my english version of Visual C++ 2005 EE, it is called Error List, and as Endurion said - you can find it in View->Other windows->Error List.
Thank you both for your help

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement