Sign in to follow this  
cutovoi

Rotation in 3ds model(very strange solution)

cutovoi    122
Hi fellows I have an app that loads, rotates and translates a 3DS model. All the 3 functionalities works, but to solve the rotation, I didn't like the solution. I explain: I created a header file that does the rotation and the translation functionalities. Works? Works well. My problem is that when I load a model that doesn't be in the origin axis coordinates of the 3DMax plane, the object rotates in the origin axis. It seems that the object translates in the X-axis and in the Z-axis. More, when I rotate in the X axis, the objects don't rotate in relation of their center, it rotates in relation of coordinate X of the 3DMax plane(that is 0). My solution for this was I put the object a half down in the 3DMax plane. In my code of drawing the 3D object, I'm doing premultiplying. I put the picture below about what I have done to work. The picture is the 3DMax plane: 3DMax plane with my model Then works fine. If I put the object in any other part of the 3Dmax plane, things go crazy. This solution for me is VERY UGLY. What I want is to make this programatically. I doesn't matter what the position of 3D object. I want to rotate the local coordinates of the model, not the 3DMax plane coordinates. What I need to do? Any, any help is welcomed. I don't know what direction I need to take. Please help me in this task.