Newbie needs HELP

Started by
18 comments, last by XG08Zero 17 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I just recently came to this forum I just wanted to ask if anyone could list a good openGL compiler That I dont have to installed a bunch of stuff A free opengl compiler would be good ALSO.... Can someone list some books on like game + Voice editing OpenGl books And maby some c++ Books That should cover it for a game
Advertisement
There is no such thing as an OpenGL compiler. Compilers translate programming language code into machine language. OpenGL is not a language; it's a library that's available for many languages.

To write OpenGL code, you choose your favorite language (like C++), and include in your program function calls to OpenGL. Then you compile this with your langauge's compiler.

If you need a C++ compiler, you could download Microsoft's for free. It comes with a great code editor and debugger whcih make coding nicer.
Link please

And do you know like did you ever watch a cartoon and saythe rugrats it behind the seen and u see this girl tlking like a kid that what I want something similar too Where it can Change the voice
And how do I install the libraies into the compiler?
Quote:Original post by tauren12
Link please

Linky

Quote:Original post by tauren12
And do you know like did you ever watch a cartoon and saythe rugrats it behind the seen and u see this girl tlking like a kid that what I want something similar too Where it can Change the voice

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, if you don't know C++, there are actually easier language you could use with OpenGL like Python or Java. Not to say C++ is a bad idea, but if you find it to confusing, keep in mind there are alternatives.
Well heres my idea...

Create a MMORPG So what would be better?
I just also Wanna say that the graphic need to look like Really REAL
Dude, you are not making sense. We cannot help you if you won't spend enough time to tell us what your actual problems are, in a way that we can understand without reading your mind. (You will find that compilers have this problem to an even greater extent, so you might as well practise clarity on humans.) Just calm down and take more than ten seconds to write your posts, ok? Spellcheck, but more to the point, think about what you are actually saying. Vista will include a thought-reading protocol, but not everybody will install it; so until market penetration reaches the 50% level, you'll need to be clear in what you want.

And, seriously. "Create a MMORPG"? That's your idea? Well, I have an idea too; I want to create a space empire with FTL-traveling ships that can, like, blow up planets and stuff. And of course I would be Emperor. Can you help me?
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Sorry... Basiclly what I need is a level designers design levels or something where I can make levels in game Like look at this picture http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2333/wowscrnshot0711062109312yc.jpg Looks around him I need to make maps and stuff Make characters spells that they will do when They hit a button I know alot If you cannot help me please tell me or relocate me to a good college where I could find out
I also wanna mention I dont think The bigger games really use openGL I did as google search for "OpenGL games" It showed me crappy games if they dont use that what do they use?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement