Latest OpenGL libs and headers for ATI?

Started by
14 comments, last by Red_falcon 17 years, 5 months ago
Where do I find the latest OpenGL headers and libs from ATI? I downloaded the SDK but couldn't find them. Can you tell me where they are? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
You have them already in your compiler. OpenGL header are not changed for a long time(last change as i am aware of is 1996 and this was OpenGL 1.1), cause the new functionality comes through extensions.
-----"Master! Apprentice! Heartborne, 7th Seeker Warrior! Disciple! In me the Wishmaster..." Wishmaster - Nightwish
Quote:Original post by Red_falcon
You have them already in your compiler. OpenGL header are not changed for a long time(last change as i am aware of is 1996 and this was OpenGL 1.1)

Actually OpenGL has changed a lot, but the Windows implementation has not changed since 1996.

Quote:Original post by Red_falcon
cause the new functionality comes through extensions.

Well, ideally, we would have an updated Windows implementation, so the extensions would only be for bleeding-edge or implementation-specific things, but ah well.

You can find out more about extensions in this article.
Fact is, I need libraries that already include the OpenGL 2.0 command set. The ones I am currently using are from the Visual Net. 2003 C++ Compiler which only seems to include the libs for OpenGL 1.5 . Strangely enough, the headers already include the function heads, but I get lots of linker errors naturally.

Do I have any other chance to solve this problem beside the extension mechanism?
@Desperado: Which functions do you want to use?

@Simian Man: Yeah, that's what i meant. Hopefully GL3 will be more a complete kernel than a whole bunch of extensions. PS: It's funny for a russian like me to see the name of the city where you live in.
-----"Master! Apprentice! Heartborne, 7th Seeker Warrior! Disciple! In me the Wishmaster..." Wishmaster - Nightwish
The GLSL functions, namely glCreateShader, glCreateProgram etc.
I can foresee the future[grin]. I thought already as i wrote the question that you will ask for shader support. There are 2 ways you bind it manually or use an extension lib like glew or glee. For the manual way look on gamedev for article "Moving beyond Windows 1.1"(i hope its the right title).
Windows really needs a free OpenGL implementation, fgs.
Anyways, thanks.
Quote:Windows really needs a free OpenGL implementation, fgs.

You haven't got the meaning of !!!Open!!!-GL, or??[lol]

To add to my previous the errors appear cause the entry points must be specified. That's the reason to bind it manually or the best method with a library.
Then why are we so dependent on Microsofts implementation?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement