Sign in to follow this  

XACT Audio Help

This topic is 4056 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone out there with XACT audio experience, or knows someone who has said experience, please help. I tried adding in XACT audio a game i am working on. The engine initializes with no problems, but when i go to load a file into memory then intialize a bank with it, it fails miserably with an INVALID_DATA error. I basically took what was in the tutorial and copied it almost line for line. My team has looked at it and we are all completely baffled by the error. I'm using the banks directly from the tutorial as well. It finds the file, opens it, gets the right file size, reads the file, maps the file, to the void* buffer. Nothing returns an error, until it gets to createinmemorywavebank, right there it returns an invalid_data error. I went through and checked to make sure maybe theres a project setting that needed to be set, but there was nothing that i could see that was different. I have tried anything i can think of multiple times. I'm open to any suggestions (that don't involve "just use fmod"). Any help would be awesome. Thanks, Ed

Have you tried running it on a different PC, and if so, do you get the same error? Are you able to compile and run the SDK samples, and do they still run, as opposed to running the precompiled samples that come with the SDK? That is about the only thing that I can think of. I haven't exactly worked with XACT yet, but I expect to in the future.

Just a couple of thoughts:

Make sure you're loading the .xgs file correctly before loading a bank. Also, you might want to build your own banks just to make sure there isn't some weird versioning problem with the files.

If you're NOT doing the memory mapped file thing from the sample code, make sure that you aren't ever deleting the memory your bank is loaded into. Even after you pass it off to XACT you need to keep it around.

thanks for the help, but there was a problem with my header files that i was including, i stuck a fresh copy of the headers from the sdk into the project and it worked. Very odd that the other headers didn't work, i'm not sure what version they were, but it was causing the problem...

This topic is 4056 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.