Dev-C++

Started by
2 comments, last by Dondrei 17 years, 5 months ago
Okay, I have no idea whether this is a problem with Dev-C++ or with SDL (which I'm using), but all of a sudden it refuses to compile. I didn't change my project file at all but now when I hit compile it works fine but doesn't make the executable file - it was working fine before. It doesn't bring up any error messages or anything, just fails to make the executable. I uninstalled and reinstalled Dev, but that didn't change anything.
Advertisement
Could you possibly post a compile log? Try deleting or renaming old .exe?
The weird thing is that it seems to have deleted my old executable and now refuses to make a new one. Here's the compile log:

Building resource file...
Compiling files :
C:\UTILS\DEV-C_~1\BIN\g++ "c:\workarea\programming\dev\example2\example2b.cpp" -c -s -mwindows -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -IC:\UTILS\DEV-C_~1\INCLUDE\ -IC:\UTILS\DEV-C_~1\INCLUDE\G__~1 -IC:\UTILS\DEV-C_~1\INCLUDE\ -LC:\UTILS\DEV-C_~1\LIB\ -BC:\UTILS\DEV-C_~1\BIN

The only messages I got were these:

g++: -lmingw32: linker input file unused since linking not done
g++: -lSDLmain: linker input file unused since linking not done
g++: -lSDL: linker input file unused since linking not done
g++: -lmingw32: linker input file unused since linking not done
g++: -lSDLmain: linker input file unused since linking not done
g++: -lSDL: linker input file unused since linking not done

Which I always get when using SDL, and it's never stopped it compiling an EXE.
Oh, hell - never mind. I'm some kind of idiot, I had "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" in the extra compiler options box instead of the "further object files" box... I don't know how I managed that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement