apache + php = DISASTER

Started by
8 comments, last by markr 17 years, 5 months ago
Hello, Community Just having some problems setting up apache and php. First, I set up apache on a local server. No problems. Then I went to set up php. The install went smoothly. But now, when I want to query info using phpinfo(), apache just crashes and stops the service.[sad] I can restart it, but it just fails again. Thanks for any assistance[smile] exorcist_bob
Advertisement
Have you looked in the logs and/or the event viewer?
use abyss instead found right here http://www.aprelium.com/
Its much easier to setup
personally, I much prefer tomcat + jsp.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Check the versions of Apache and PHP that you're using. If you've installed Apache 2.2 you need to use PHP 5.2 or higher (and 6.0 didn't look near finished last time I checked so it should be the latest version on snaps.php.net). Also, you may want to check to see that Apache is configured correctly to use PHP (and vice versa). Here's a decent tutorial: Link
Eh, I've got no problems using Apache 2.2 with PHP 5...

Try the mailing list is my two cents.

@Diablo
Abyss can't handle the kind of load IIS or Apache can.
XAMPP - easiest webserver setup EVER.

Quote:
XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use - just download, extract and start.
I second XAMPP. I've been using it for a long time now and never yet encountered a problem.
--------------------------------------Amaze your friends! Astound your family! Kennify your text!
I third XAMPP. Only way that I got MySQL to work properly.
I program in my sleep,but when I sleep I use the partition in my head that doesnt have g++ or the .net library, so im kinda screwed.
Did you build it all from source according to the instructions provided?

If so, and it's still crashing, are you able to attach a debugger to find where it's crashed? Getting a stack trace really helps (You may find it more detailed if you rebuild Apache and/or PHP with debug)

If you've followed all the steps for a source-build correctly and have a reproducible failure, it would be socially responsible to report a bug.

Mark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement