• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jonas1405

Nice shader book??

This topic is 4235 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!! I'm very sorry for posting this quetsion here- but I just couldn't find a Offtopic Thread!! I'm searching for a good shader book. The shader described should be modern- or at least I would like to know how to make really nice water shader (for example), that still look modern. I already saw the ShaderX 2 book in your book section but right now you can already buy ShaderX 5 and so I don't know which one to buy!! Is the number 2 still a very good one to learn the programming of good, and nice-lloking shader (with code?? ;) )?? I heard that the book number 4 includes more articels but not so much code and about Shader X5 I couldn't find any reviews at amazon at all ;) So does somebody know which one is the best to learn it, to have code listings and also very nice looking, modern shader?? This is quite a lot I want to have in one book and this thread is- I think- in the wrong section- so sorry for that ;) Sincerely Jonas

Advertisement
Alright!! just forget abouth this thread- I'm gonna try to learn it by using this
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/fx_composer_home.html
first and then I can still try a book......... ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!