• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Pedro Camacho

Excellent Chineese Instruments

This topic is 4414 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The other day I stumbled across a post on a forum asking for some good chineese intruments library. Someone answered with a library I did not know about and it is hugely impressive. http://www.chineekong.com/ The website looks bad but their libraries have the best sounding instruments I ever heard!! I will buy them all today.

Advertisement
Listened to the Pipa and I was impressed. You play these like an EW sampler, correct? If its just precooked loops or phrases- I'm not that keen on it.

The price is nice though. :)

That for posting this!!

I have heard good things about this VSTs, and especially the Erhu. I have not had the chance purchase them, but I would imagine that they are multisampled with sampled phrases for increased realism and control.

Why not download the Mini Versions they have that are free, useable and a perfect way to decide whether you want the full versions?

Mini Dizi and MiniErhu

Oddly enough you can get this in sound font format as well.

I have never bought the full ones because my need for them is small, but I did write some ninja metal tunes a while back for a game...lemme see if I have the linkage anywhere...

of course I do

Narcoleptic Ninja Boss Theme

If I get asked to do more of this kind of thing I would probably consider buying the full version.

Tony

I just bought the entire library! It is simply too good, I really recommend it!
I like to mix cultures in my music so I won't use this libary only in asian-type of games.

While I'm extremely interested in this product, I'll probably download the minis and see what I think of them.

Money is kinda tight for me right now- and instead of buying this collection, I might spend a little more and get East West's RA. I've had really good experiences with East West's stuff- and I'd get all kinds of enthic instruments.

To me, that seems like more bang for my buck.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!