Excellent Chineese Instruments

Started by
6 comments, last by nsmadsen 17 years, 5 months ago
The other day I stumbled across a post on a forum asking for some good chineese intruments library. Someone answered with a library I did not know about and it is hugely impressive. http://www.chineekong.com/ The website looks bad but their libraries have the best sounding instruments I ever heard!! I will buy them all today.
Advertisement
Listened to the Pipa and I was impressed. You play these like an EW sampler, correct? If its just precooked loops or phrases- I'm not that keen on it.

The price is nice though. :)

That for posting this!!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I really don't know, but it seems it is not loops, although it has licks.

I will buy this today or tomorrow then I tell you how it goes.
I have heard good things about this VSTs, and especially the Erhu. I have not had the chance purchase them, but I would imagine that they are multisampled with sampled phrases for increased realism and control.
Sean Beeson | Composer for Media
www.seanbeeson.com
http://www.chineekong.com/music/erhu_demo-horse_race.mp3

This is a great piece live, and doesn't sound half bad sampled.
Sean Beeson | Composer for Media
www.seanbeeson.com
Why not download the Mini Versions they have that are free, useable and a perfect way to decide whether you want the full versions?

Mini Dizi and MiniErhu

Oddly enough you can get this in sound font format as well.

I have never bought the full ones because my need for them is small, but I did write some ninja metal tunes a while back for a game...lemme see if I have the linkage anywhere...

of course I do

Narcoleptic Ninja Boss Theme

If I get asked to do more of this kind of thing I would probably consider buying the full version.

Tony
I just bought the entire library! It is simply too good, I really recommend it!
I like to mix cultures in my music so I won't use this libary only in asian-type of games.
While I'm extremely interested in this product, I'll probably download the minis and see what I think of them.

Money is kinda tight for me right now- and instead of buying this collection, I might spend a little more and get East West's RA. I've had really good experiences with East West's stuff- and I'd get all kinds of enthic instruments.

To me, that seems like more bang for my buck.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement