• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheTroll

[.net] Strange Visual Studio 2003 error

This topic is 4329 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a C# project that I am trying to add a Con class to, it is inherited from a stat base class. When ever I try to go to the Base Class option it give me the following error: "Error on creating file. File aleardy exists or cannot write to file: con.cs" I have no idea why. There is no con.cs file. I have restarted the computer to make sure there are no file locks going on. Can someone test this to see if they get the same error? theTroll

Advertisement
Simple enough - you may not give files the names of reserved devices, such as aux, com1, or (in this case) the console device, con.

You can try this; run copy con test.txt on the command line, type a few words, press Ctrl+Z (end of file) and Enter. It will have copied the contents from the console device (what you just typed) to a new text file, test.txt.

Under DOS, you could run ctty com1 and "remote-control" your PC using a terminal program that was talking to your PC via its COM1 port (ctty con returning control to the console).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!