• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Akks_3

help me with this single click even on a button

This topic is 4410 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'am trying to generate midi sounds using low level functions(not using DirectX). The program works fine but with a hitch. I can play the sounds on the click of a button. On the first single click, the sounds play, but on the second and click the notes don't play at all. I used a button refresh attribute, even then the problem persists. Sincle I could expalin the problem better, I didn't feel the need to paste my code. Please indicate what is going wrong, and what needs to be done. A

Advertisement
The only thing I can think of is that the second click is generating a double click event rather than a second click event. Try capturing the double click event and see if it gets triggered.

Skizz

I agree with Skizz, but I'd also be inclined to investigate whether it is a problem with the sound code rather than the button event that is preventing it from playing twice.

I'd make clicking the button also show a message box or write to a file or something else visible and unrelated to the sound to confirm that the whole event definately wasn't being called the second time you click the button.

You'd know for certain then where the problem was.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!