• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MadsGustaf

What should i start out with?

This topic is 4328 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello :) The reason im making this topic is becouse im not quite sure were to start out, when we talk about game developement. I've done a few games with gamemaker, and when youre done laughing and have climbed back, up to your chair you can maybe point me in a direction :) ive been told to start with Delphi, java or flash, but i hope to get a better answer from the proffesionels than ive goten so far! Becouse im not very familiar with those programs, and im sure theres a hell lot of them, so please link me to the site/program youre talking about! im sorry, im probaly number 1321093th person asking this today.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by DkVik1ng
im sorry, im probaly number 1321093th person asking this today.

heh. yeah, it does get asked a lot. But it's covered pretty well in the forum FAQ of this forum. Read through it and post with any lingering questions.

-me

Hello,
I think I know what you might need.
There is a series of book that are sold at borders that come with DirectX and that teach a you how to make complicated games. An example is the book "Programming Role Playing Games" by Jim Adams.
Hope this helped.

(By the way Im not a pro)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!