• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tauren12

Plastic Barebone (PC)

This topic is 4238 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Once again I need to know where computer builders get there own cases I need like the plastic and stuff for the case making I dont want anything on the case just like plastic case Any help

Advertisement
They'd hire a fabrication company to make them, or buy them from existing distributers. They don't buy plastic pieces and assemble, the case has to be engineered for the pieces to all fit.

If you are referring to the side boards that they carve and swap in for the stock sides on cases, you can find the plexi and necessary carving tools at a Home Depot(if you are in the US). As to building the whole case, depending on how handy you are the only thing that would be difficult would be the mounting holes for the mother board and the case for the drives, other than that (for which I think a standard metal bit and a tap and die set would do the trick) you are simply building a box, again Home Depot would carry most of the necessaries, a knowledge of aluminum sweat welding would come in handy :)

Edit: Sorry :b I didn't read thurouly (I thought you were talking modboxes), if you are talking simple plastic cases, you can buy off newegg.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!