• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spartanx

GLee, GLEW, etc in Production

This topic is 4232 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Does anyone have info on GLee, GLEW and similar extension management libs being used in production? Is the general opinion a thumbs up, or do folks like ID roll their own? Cheers

Advertisement
iD probably did their own, however this isn't a good reason for doing so, indeed given the mature state of GLee and GLEW I'd say that for a new production now it would be down right stupid to do your own extension management unless you had a REALLY good reason for doing so.

second that. I tend to code a lot of stuff myself because I fear libraries are often far to 'heavy' for me to use. GLee is super lightweight and highly recommended.

I use GLEW myself, and I don't quite see the difference between GLEW and GLEE... Use what you feel is right for you :)

Quote:
Original post by coordz
I tend to code a lot of stuff myself because I fear libraries are often far to 'heavy' for me to use.

Ah, that old fear... you should probably learn to get over it [smile]
I'm not saying all libs are great, however you should evalute them before deciding to write your own; if the writer is any good they should have made it pretty light and well designed anyways

"Not made here" syndrome is horrible and should be avoided as much as possible..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!