• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tyler_the_tyler

3D Modeling

This topic is 4331 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there every one.. i would like to get started on makeing 3d models. I have done some work with it before but nothing that was really that good.. i tried making a human and i followed a tutorial. lets just say it didnt turn out that good bc i couldnt even finish the leg...well anyways. im looking for and easy program with a lot of good and easy tutorials.. if you could just name a few. and by the way it would have to be free.. thanks in advance. Tyler

Advertisement
Well, Blender is free and from what I can tell, is quite easy to use. I am sure there are many tuts out there for learning how to use it as well as making characters.

Anim8tor is free and easy to use, but like with any 3D modeling application, getting good takes time and alot of practice. Don't think you will get good after a few days, or weeks. Good luck on modeling. = ]

Quote:
Original post by Adam Hamilton
Well, Blender is free and from what I can tell, is quite easy to use. I am sure there are many tuts out there for learning how to use it as well as making characters.

I second Blender. Not really sure if I can say its easy to use. But really, what 3D modeling tool is? But for what you get (features, tutorials), you have nothing to complain about.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!