• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jtomage69

OpenGL Do I need SDLmain.lib to run OpenGL programs on C++ Express?

This topic is 4324 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Do I need to install SDLmain.lib to run openGL on Visual C++ Express 2005? I am not using SDL and I m getting a link error. The program is buidling a simple polygon. and thanks in advance.

Advertisement
u dont really instal it
stick the lib files in VC lib directory
+ in the linking options link with the required libs eg -lSDLmain.lib

If you want to use OpenGL without SDL then you need to install the Platform SDK (available for free on MSDN as a download), you will need to program some Win32 as well.

Quote:
Original post by mldaalder
If you want to use OpenGL without SDL then you need to install the Platform SDK (available for free on MSDN as a download), you will need to program some Win32 as well.

I have Platfor SDK installed and I am still getting a link error about SDLmain.
the program compiles but wont build.

it compiles but wont link i assume?
right click on the projects property pages
then configuration properties -> linker -> input + then click on additional dependencies
add sdl.lib + sdlmain.lib
u will also need to see up the multithreading thingee but i forget (have a search) if u cant find it post again + ill look

No I dont believe I used SDL in my code. The code compiles just find. I have never used SDL unless Nehe used some SDL code. I m getting a linking error about being unable to find the sdlmain.lib.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!