SCIP Videos

Started by
12 comments, last by Colin Jeanne 17 years, 4 months ago
Just thought some of you might be interested, this is Berkeley's full course on SCIP in RealMedia streaming video form: SCIP!!! each section is about 50 minutes long and might help to give some more understanding of the text (this is not meant at all to replace the reading) just found the link to the MIT videos as well in the stickied topic, and figured I'd add it here: MIT SCIP!!! I don't have exact dates on the Berkeley videos, but I'm pretty sure they're only a couple years old whereas the MIT ones are from 1985?
Advertisement
The Berkeley ones are from this semester
I've been watching some of the Berkley videos but I'm not sure what scheme spec they are using. I know the are using STk and I'm using DrScheme and it doesn't seem to matter which spec I choose I'm always missing some function or another. Most of the time it's functions like butfirst and bf. Any idea if I can get the system they are using without using the crap that is STk?
Nice, I hadn't seen the Berkley ones before, and the MIT ones do sort-of show their age.

FYI, it's SICP, not SCIP.
Woops, I'm retarded :D
Quote:Original post by tstrimp
I've been watching some of the Berkley videos but I'm not sure what scheme spec they are using. I know the are using STk and I'm using DrScheme and it doesn't seem to matter which spec I choose I'm always missing some function or another. Most of the time it's functions like butfirst and bf. Any idea if I can get the system they are using without using the crap that is STk?

If I recall correctly, this class used this version of Scheme.
Quote:Original post by Colin Jeanne

Thats one of the versions I was using and it doesn't contain any sentence or word related procedures. Maybe they added those so they didn't confuse students by jumping into lists right away.
In 'Recursion and Iteration 1' he mentions they use a library for those procedures.
Quote:Original post by tstrimp
Quote:Original post by Colin Jeanne

Thats one of the versions I was using and it doesn't contain any sentence or word related procedures. Maybe they added those so they didn't confuse students by jumping into lists right away.

What do you mean 'sentence and word related procedures'? I dont have Real so I cant watch the videos so I dont know what procedures you're talking about. It might be one of the procedures that was discussed in a homework assignment for the course, in which case this is the current course website and the link "Library Files" is a directory which includes all of the Scheme code used in the class.
From my understanding they are just using:
first instead of car
butfirst instead of cdr
sentence instead of list
and words to represent items in a list.

Now that I've got that straight in my head I don't think I have any more problems (yet).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement