SCIP Videos

Started by
12 comments, last by Colin Jeanne 17 years, 4 months ago
Interesting. When I took the course two years ago they were only using first instead of car and last instead of cdr. I believe STk implements these natively so it was easy for us. I never used butfirst, sentence, or words though. You might want to check the lectures to see if it mentions them. If not you could also grab a copy of Berkeley's version of STk to see if it knows the functions.

Edit: Actually, according to this document, there is a file which contains all of the Berkeley-defined procedures. If you one of the prebuilt binaries (or, I suppose, if you download the source) it will include these files. Here is the prebuilt version for XP. You want to use stk-simply
Advertisement
I took it spring 2003. If I remember, they use first/last/butfirst for character strings, and later on when they introduce lists, they use car and cdr. Maybe it's changed since then though.
I think most of the berkeley specific scheme functions are here:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~bh/downloads/simply/simply.scm

For sure it has first, butfirst, last, butlast, word, and sentence.

They're a bit complicated though, it might be better to just use the berkeley scheme when trying to follow the lectures, since I think that will load all this stuff when it starts up.

[Edited by - blarn on November 28, 2006 10:35:20 PM]
Please note, the semester for Berkeley ends December 19th. Webcast videos are not saved across semesters so if you are able to record them I highly encourage you to.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement