[.net] Vista and C# (Speech recognition and net3.0 gui?)

Started by
3 comments, last by AntonyCoder 17 years, 5 months ago
Is there anyway to use Vista's new speech reconigtion libs in C#/C++? Just been playing around with them and it seems much more accurate than any other reconigiton app i've tried.(Which admitly isn't many) Also, what are my options for using the new interface in net3.0 development wise? I guess what I mean is, is there a beta or commercial version of VC# I can use to develope next gen applications now or do I have to wait for vc2007?
Advertisement
When you have Visual Studio 2005 professional (or ++) you can download the extensions for WPF/WCF and WF. After installing the run-time and the SDK, these extensions provide designers and projecttypes.

Go here
Thank you, that's certainly made it less confusing.

That sorted, does anyone know anything about Microsoft's speech sdks on vista? (Or any company really, long as it doesn't require xp sdks obviously) I've done searching but haven't found anything that points to there being any.

It is in .NET 3.0

Cheers
Thanks again.

It's the damnest thing. First off, I only had VC# Express installed, so I followed the procedures for that, and it all worked fine. My application was responding to simple requests like "Quit" etc that I coded in, and I was pretty happy about it.
But this morning, I finally got around to making space to re-install pro on my hd, then i un-installed the extensions, then re-installed them. Everything appearede to have worked, I had access to all of net3.0, BUT now speech reconigtion no longer works.

If I say "About" for example, instead of showing my apps about screen, it just prints about in a textbox in my application. I then tried vC# express again, but it appears the problem has carried across to that.

Just before it started going wrong, I got a Speec reg error stating windows did not have a valid language file, so I changed over to the english one(My native language so should have done that from the start) and it worked again, but only windows commands work. My app does nothing.

Any ideas anyone? My HAL dream is dying a slow painful death :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement