• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
koalacui

Strange problem with Nokia S60 emulator!

This topic is 4403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey,I am new in Java, and I am doing a porting work, transfer a game from Motorola to Nokia, and I've finish all works, the game should be work without error, but the situation like this, when I run my code on Nokia S60 emulator, the bomb keep flying away from track![please click and see the .swf file] http://www.filelodge.com/files/room11/264851/01.swf But when I run my code on other platform, like SonyEricsson, everything is fine, and there is no error, the bomb on the track, and move perfectly, just like this:[please click and see the .swf file] http://www.filelodge.com/files/room11/264851/02.swf P.S. I record the error, and transfer to .swf file, please kindly give me some advise and suggestion, this is the first time I do porting, so really confuse about it, my supervisor advised me to try the game on actual phone, is there any way to solve this problem? I will be appreciate for it!!Really thanks about that! Best Regards!

Advertisement
Hi koalacui,

First of all I highly recommend trying it on the actual device first. The emulator can be terribly innacurate sometimes.

Are you using drawRGB() to draw your bomb? If so there is a bug related to that.

The issue is that drawRGB() will not take account of any g.translate(x, y), and will always draw from (0,0).

If its something else then I'm not sure what the problem is...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!