cube mapping

Started by
0 comments, last by jollyjeffers 17 years, 5 months ago
Hi: I want to know how to create a effect of cube mapping whih DX. But I don't find a good example. so, anybody can afford a web or a sample. Thanks a lot!
Advertisement
Where have you been looking for samples? Which ones have you found that aren't good enough?

Cube Mapping is quite a broad topic - what exactly are you looking for? Using which API/Language etc...

The Nvidia and ATI SDK's are good places to get example code from, HDRCubeMap can be found in most of the recent DirectX SDK's.

A quick search on MSDN (it's also the #2 result on Google) revealed that the SDK documentation has a page on Cubic Environment Mapping.

Basically, there is a LOT of information available online - admittedly I knew what I was looking for, but I found results in a matter of SECONDS. As per the forum rules it is appreciated if people do at least a little bit of research online before posting these sorts of threads. That is not to say you can't ask this question here - just that it works in your favour if you show us what you've looked at, where you've been looking, what you've found that you don't understand etc...

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement