• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MARS_999

gluBuild3DMipmaps where?

This topic is 4330 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What is the correct wglGetProc for gluBuild3DMipmaps? What files do I need to use it? I know its glu1.3 but as usual windows only has 1.2. Thanks

Advertisement
Hmm I found a site that has some files you can DL and replace your current glu.h glu32.lib and glu32.dll. Well the issue is the .dll when I copy it into the system32 dir it replaces itself with the older version? I have never seen this before... Any ideas? Thanks

Thanks phantom. Now it loads but with teh gluBuild3DMipmaps() my textures are all black vs. load just fine with glTexImage3D()

Now it seem as the .dll is corrupted or not working... I take it out of the local dir and go back to glTexImage3D() works fine just not mipmapping, I put the .dll back in and call glTExImage3D() also no dice all black same as with gluBuild3DMipmaps()? Can anyone send me a 1.3 glu.dll that works? Thanks

Quote:
Original post by ZQJ
Could always roll your own:

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/

I looked on the extension page and I can't find the extension? So I can use wglGetProc... Thanks

BTW I tried using GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP and it doesn't look like the textures are mipmapped?

and
glGenerateMipmapEXT()

and no luck. Could someone post the correct form to use these? I am assuming it just

glGenTextures(1, texture);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_3D, *texture);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_REPEAT);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_REPEAT);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R, GL_REPEAT);
//or if using GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP uncomment the next line
//glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP, true);

glTexImage3D(GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0, imageTypeInternal, imageWidth, imageHeight, 0, imageTypeFormat, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, imageData);
glGenerateMipmapEXT(GL_TEXTURE_3D);

[Edited by - MARS_999 on November 16, 2006 4:22:31 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!